Tuesday 31 May 2011

New York

Long time, pas de visage! As you might have guessed, I have now come to another continent on the other side of the world. The trip here was probably the longest I've ever flown; starting in Bangkok, the flight to Doha, Qatar, took about 8  hours. There I had to wait 2 ½ hours for my next flight that would take me to New York JFK. That flight took 14 hours. So all in all I was travelling for 24 hours. After being here for 4 days so far, the jet lag is starting to wear off although I still feel it at about 11 pm, because the time zone I'm used to is 12 hours ahead. Or behind, I've lost track now.

New York is amazing. This is my first time here, and now I really know what people mean when they talk about the city's magical atmosphere. I mean, I already want to live here. To anyone who hasn't been here yet, you'll know what I mean when you visit. Because you will.

The best thing about being here for 2 weeks is that I don't have to stress and squeeze everything in at once. So far I've been walking around just  to get to know the city better, which becomes rather easy because of the grid plan. I've been to Times Square, which was absoutely packed with people who also wanted to stand and stare at all the neon adverts. One day it was so hot, I went to Central Park and just lay down in the grass. Later I strolled on and saw a very talented brass band playing jazz, so I sat down and watched them for a while. A little further on were three guys doing break dance moves and other tricks. In the end one guy jumped over three other people. That was pretty cool. Loads of entertainment!

Might take a trip down to Ground Zero today, and in the next few days I was planning on visiting the Met to check out the Alexander Mcqueen exhibition.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. how about the guggenheim? its worth just standing outside ! hope you are having a great time son x

    ReplyDelete