Sunday 5 June 2011

The past week

I've been in New York for 10 days now, and I've certainly seen alot. Like I mentioned in my last post I visited Ground Zero and took the ferry out to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Got some pretty good pics that I will upload before I go on thursday. There was a really sweet little boy on the ferry to Ellis Island, asking his mother: "where are we going?", and the mother answered "To Ellis Island", whereby the boy asked: "Who is Alice?" :)
I went up Empire State Building (to the 86th floor) and checked out the amazing views of the city. The visibility was very clear, so you could see all the way to New Jersey and Massachusetts.
The amount of walking I have done since I arrived here probably ads up to what I normally walk in one year. I haven't even been on the tube once. Today however I'm taking the red line up to Harlem, which I'm very excited about. If I've got time I'll go back down again and try walking the Brooklyn Bridge!

I've also been to the cinema here twice. I've seen two very good albeit different movies: Midnight in Paris (Directed by Woody Allen) and Beginners (starring Ewan McGregor and Mélanie Laurent). Highly recommended!

Fare well 

No comments:

Post a Comment