Saturday 11 June 2011

News and pics

Hey! I have now arrived in Rio de Janeiro! I wasn't completely sure I was going to arrive in one piece though... had the worst flight ever! I thought things had been moving quite smoothly, but obviously when you're travelling there is always something that goes wrong. So I arrive at JFK with an alright margin, but when I look for my flight on the departures' board, my flight isn't on there! The only flight that was the same time as mine was one to Sao Paolo, and I knew that my flight was a direct to Rio. I asked at the counter, and apparently I had to make a transfer in Sao Paolo. That's ok, I thought, I've done that before. I get on the plane, and start watching a film (the Hangover) in the wait for our departure. Half-way through the film the pilot says that we have to wait for 2 hours before leaving becauase of a storm in our route. I started calculating and realised I would still have time to catch my transfer flight. The movie ended and I watched another one. And then another. After 4 hours we still hadn't left, and the crew started handing out food. After eating, I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of the engines humming, about to take off. I looked at my watch - 3 am. That meant we were delayed by 7 hours, which in turn meant i definitely would miss my transfer. In Sao Paolo there were probably another 200 people  stranded because of a volcano eruption,so chaos had broke loose. I hooked up with some brazilians and one  american, and together we managed to get a flight to rio 2 hours later. I arrived at my hostel 10 hours later than expected. Jesus.

I'll give you an update later about what I'm doing, but for now I'll upload some pictures from New York, as promised!























No comments:

Post a Comment